1. Cross Back Strappy Sports Bra – This is cute and well priced. I also like that the sports bra is a longer length. I got this in pink and black. Just a warning that the padding is a bit thick but it can be removed or replaced. I ordered based on my bra size and it fit perfectly.
2. High Waist Mesh Yoga Leggings with Side Pockets – I like the tummy control on this. It goes all the way up to my belly button. After 3 kids, my stomach is lax and a wrinkled mess and these leggings hide it well. I like the mesh detailing on the bottom side of the leg and also on the pockets. I like having pockets for when the weather gets warmer and I’m without a jacket with pockets. I got this in size Small in black and purple. The black is versatile but I think the purple is actually prettier because it shows off the mesh detailing better.
3. Cushion No Show Socks – I’m always on the lookout for no show socks that actually stay up. While these are not the ultimate no show socks, they do the job quite well. I like that there are 3 silicone strips at the back of the heel. They have slipped down on me but they perform better than the ones I got from Nike and Uniqlo. Plus, it’s $14.99 for 7 pairs! I got these in white.
4. Shiseido Medicated Hand Cream – I really, really like this hand cream. It goes on smoothly and is absorbed quickly. I have the pricier Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Creme, but find myself reaching for this instead. Best of all, there is no offensive fragrance. I also like that it comes in a lift up cap container. This was shipped all the way from Japan when I ordered it.
5. Secret Key Treatment Essence Rose Edition – This is an affordable dupe for SKII’s Facial Treatment Essence. It has 94% Galactonyces Fermented Filtrate and Rose Water. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated. I’ll definitely be repurchasing after I run out.
6. NYX Epic Ink Liner in Black– I’ve been using the Kat Von Dee Tattoo Eyeliner but my eldest daughter keeps stealing it. I didn’t feel like spending $21 on another eyeliner that I rarely use, so I decided to give this a try. The tip is precise and flexible. It’s not as good as the KVD one but it does the job and the color stays put. My one complaint is that it’s a bit wetter than I’d like.
7. Pmel Essence Mascara Base – I’ve reviewed this before here. This stuff is the best for Asian lashes to maintain a curl. My local Asian beauty supply shop stopped carrying this. Luckily, they’re readily available on Amazon. I hope they never ever discontinue this.
8. Betty Rain Lined Shower Cap – Yes, yes, this is just a shower cap, but I like the fun prints and the ribbon detailing. The elastic is nice and stretchy without being restrictive. I used to just put my hair in a bun if it wasn’t hair washing day, but when I got out of the shower, the back of my head would be all wet. This makes life just easier.
9. Debbie Meyer GreenBags – These really work! These storage bags will keep your fruits and vegetables fresh longer. I cannot do without fresh fruits and vegetables but they’re perishable and go bad so fast. With the shelter in place in effect, I didn’t want to be heading to the supermarket every other day. The trick is to keep wiping away any moisture. I usually keep a paper towel inside the bags to draw away the moisture.
10. VAGDAM Asam Black Loose Leaf Tea – When our family went to Taiwan last April during Spring Break, we took a boba milk tea making class. It was a lot of fun. They used Assam teabags. I bought a few packages of their teabags. Last week, I finally used up the last tea bag and got the VAGDAM Assam tea as a replacement. I’m pleasantly surprised by it’s rich, fragrant and malty flavor. It’s definitely a quality product and perfect for making milk tea.
11. Cilantro seeds– I bought these because I love cilantro and wanted to plant something with my daughter. I wanted her to see how plants grow and teach her to care for it. I saw little sprouts shooting up after about 3 days of planting, so that’s a good sign!
12. Roland Fermented Hot Chili Paste / Gochujang – I bought the Gochujang to make Korean fried chicken (KFC) and it turned out so good. It gives the KFC a nice kick without being overly spicy! This is the recipe I used from My Korean Kitchen. Korean fried chicken is double fried and that’s probably why it’s so darn good! I have made it 3 times already and it’s so addicting.
13. 7-Piece Expo Dry Erase Set– Okay, this might be a bit random, but I love having these dry erase pens. It makes me feel like a legitimate educator during the transition to homeschooling. I have a dry erase board and these make homeschooling a bit more fun. My kindergartener loves it when I give her problems to solve on the whiteboard. The tips are a perfect size and write easily.
These purchases have sparked joy for me. What are some of your favorite recent Amazon finds?